Take the 2-minute tour ×
Poker Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for serious players and enthusiasts of poker. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there a specific term for the player whose turn it is to act?

I though it was UTG but found out UTG means something entirely else.

So, is there a specific poker term for whomever is currently "UTG"? Other than regular terms like "current player" or "it"??

share|improve this question
hmmm, never thought of this. What you usually hear is Now the action is on player X. –  Radu Murzea Mar 14 at 7:56

3 Answers 3

up vote 1 down vote accepted

The correct term is "turn to act". It is often shortened to "action".

"Player X, it's your turn to act". "Action is on Player X".

share|improve this answer

I think the answer lies in your own question.

It's the players "turn to act"

share|improve this answer

I think you would just say: "It is on name of the player"

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.