What are the odds of somebody getting 4 of a kind on the river to beat your already achieved full house.

Also if it can be calculated, what would the odds be for losing a winning hand on the river

  • A one-outer is 1/44 probability, or 43 to 1 odds, 2.27%. Commented Sep 17, 2021 at 23:26

2 Answers 2


The odds of drawing the card that you need to turn a three of kind into quads are 2.1 percent.

This article has a great explanation and more. https://www.oddsshark.com/poker/four-kind-odds

From the site:

2%: Percent chance to hit quads by the river with a pocket pair (1 in 122)

0.2%: Percent chance to hit quads on the flop with a pocket pair (1 in 407)

0.001%: Percent chance to flop quads without a pocket pair (1 in 1000)

0.0001%: Percent chance that quads get beaten (1 in 100,000)


Assuming quads is the only hand that beats you, there's only 1 card on the deck that makes you lose, while the remaining 43 make you win.

Since the river is just one card, the chance of your hand getting beaten is 1/44, or about 2.2%. You win the remaining 43/44 (about 97.8% of the time)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.