This is a hand i played on ZOOM full-ring $0.01 - $0.02
- I dealt bullets A♣A⋄ and was on MP.
- I raised the pot 3.5 BB ($0.07), got a call from CO.
- Flop came wet 7♠9♥8♠
- I protect my hand with a Cbet by betting half the pot, get a call.
- At this point was afraid i may be against a made str8 or a pair or a draw
- Turn came complete brick 2♣
- I check to keep the pot small, the CO fired 13.5 BB ! (half the pot), i called
- River came also blank 3⋄, we both checked
Hover over the box below to see what my opponent had:
CO turned out 8♣ 9♣ for 2-pair and scooped the pot.
I have the strong feeling i made a
horrible spew on turn, calling this half pot of 13.5 BB.
For some ungodly reason I thought my humble pair was still good. In most cases I simply fold if my opponent called me PF, then called my CBet, then raised me on turn after my check. I fold even with aces in this spot. I mean most players in these tables are playing a bit tight given the fact that you can play what ever hand you want in relatively quick time.
What you think? It's a good sign to fold premiums when you get a raise after you showed strength PF and Flop, no matter the flop (especially on dry flops -> sets)? I lean towards to yes.