NLHE live tournament, freeroll, 2K GTD, table with 8, blinds 2000/4000 (started with 50/100, 15 minutes). I have about 14BBs. Some stacks have more, some have less.
- UTG folds
- UTG+1 shoves all-in (stack larger than mine)
- MP1 folds
- MP2 go all-in with more than UTG+1 stack (stack way larger than mine)
- Hero (HJ): I face a decision whether to play my KK or not
Info on players:
- UTG+1 has been on the table for about 10 hands, no big plays so far but played some weak hands
- MP2 has been on the table with me for about 4h, capable of wisely playing a very wide range
- Hero has been playing TAG throught the session.
- It was very unlikely that UTG+1 would shove with AA, instead, would raise for value.
- MP1 has gone all-in with mid connectors/suited-connectors before
- I, with KK have most likely the best hand, although pocket pairs doesn't play very well on multiway pots.
- I make my mind that shoving is a good play here
- Button shoves
- Button has AA
- UTG+1 has JTo
- MP2 has ATo
- Hero has KK
At the river, UTG+1 made a straight and took the main pot, knocking out MP2 and Hero. Button took the side pot with a set of Aces.
Regardless of the result, I'm still wondering if my play was good or not here.
Would you have done anything different in this situation?